- Young Professionals
- Resources & Links
AIChE-IfS Pacific Northwest Sustainability Conference 2011
CONFERENCE ON SUSTAINABILITY FOR THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION
Friday, April 29, 2011 – Sunday, May 1, 2011
University of Washington | Seattle, WA
Sponsored by AIChE and IfS
The Regional Sustainability Conference, organized by the Puget Sound Chapter of AIChE, provides a unique opportunity for engineers and scientists in the Pacific Northwest to exchange ideas and learn about the sustainability of energy, water, and environmental systems. The conference will cover a range of topics including sustainable infrastructure development, industrial ecology, sustainability in process design, renewable energy, water conservation, and waste minimization.
Puget Sound AIChE is purchasing carbon offsets (click here to see our certification) towards the organization and production of this conference. You may contribute to the carbon offset purchase of the conference ($5 per attendee) by clicking here.
Keynote speakers include:
- Scott Butner, Senior Research Scientist in the Data and Knowledge Engineering Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Mary Armstrong, Vice President, Environment, Health and Safety, The Boeing Company
- Tracy Young, Global Application Development Leader, The Dow Chemical Company
- David Thompson, PhD, Biochemical Engineer – Renewable Resources, Idaho National Laboratory
- Linda A. Beltz, PhD, Director, Technology Partnerships, Weyerhaeuser
- Dr. Graham Allan, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Forest Resources, University of Washington
Join us to hear presentations from experts in the field and participate in an open discussion on how these concepts can be implemented on both a regional and global scale.